Wednesday 19 December 2012

Lana x H&M


LANA x H&M



Its been no secret that the Queen of alternative pop music has clawed her way to clinch the spot of becoming the new face of H&M AW'12 collection. Sharp cheekbones, rosy cheeks, dreamy eyes and with a lip-pout to remember , Lana embodies regality and fits the mould better than any other.


H&M envisioned " a modern and feminine woman with a soft attitude" for their AW12 line and I feel like Lana did way more than to just put her face on their brand, she took it up and made it hers. Each shot, and each article of clothing is very much, Lana Del Rey. Soft cashmere and tweed tops harmonised with pleather bottoms, what more could effortlessly insinuate her influence ?



Her music, is amazing. She filled the market gap with something we didn't notice was missing. She was fresh, yet there was something unique and vintage to her album. As I listened to Born To Die, & her new album, Born To Die: Paradise Edition ( she's one of the few artists I'd personally wait in a queue for ) , her soft and archaic vocals imbibed these feelings( & chills) I never knew I inhibited and she introduced different perspectives in which, I now, view and judge myself and other people. A very talented person, not only in her music, but in fashion too! Word has it, she was offered 5 modelling contracts within a month of her music video release of Video Games too! Way to go, LDR!  

 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4412091/?claim=4gpyfhm8r8n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment